Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Think Kit asked me today what habits I started in 2013 that I plan to continue in 2014.  First off, I go to bed early now and wake up early (due to baby waking up early).   I used to never be able to go to bed before 11 pm, I was a semi night owl.  I would wake up right before I had to go to work and be so tired.  By the time work was over, I would either have to take a nap or be exhausted until I hit a second wind around 9 pm and would be up another 2-3 hours.  I don't know if it's exhausting watching a baby all day, but I do not get that 9 pm second wind anymore.  The baby usually falls asleep by 8:30 pm and I go to bed at about 9.  I may watch some television or some reading for around an hour and am asleep by 10.  I naturally wake up between 6:30-6:45 (sometimes before Raven wakes up) and I find it much easier to have this schedule then fighting an alarm clock at 7 am and getting less sleep.  I don't really have a choice to get up early anyway (like most working people do), but I do plan on keeping my same sleep schedule since I feel like I am getting more sleep than before having a baby.  Don't get me wrong, though, I still get tired sometimes.

Another habit I've developed this year is always cleaning the kitchen, at the very least doing dishes all the time.  This mostly started because of having to wash bottles but I haven't had any dishes all piled up in our kitchen since Raven was born.  This is also true of laundry because baby laundry can pile up quickly!  Because I am home mostly with her, I try to clean up here and there.  I would say overall, we have not a spotless house, but a clean house.  Since Raven requires a lot of attention, I can't do a bunch of deep cleaning for a long period of time but when her grandmother wants to watch her, I try to do a chore that require more time than a few minutes.  I like having a clean house, I'm sure my husband does too, so I will continue this habit into 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment