Thursday, December 11, 2014

Meeting Joe

ThinKit's prompt today was to talk about someone I met for the first time this year.  Well, I am happy to say I got to meet my first biological nephew, Mr. Anthony Joseph Cornell Jr. or Joe for short!
Don't mind my appearance in this photo, I was not expecting my sister to have little Joe so quickly (uhhh only a 4 hour labor for a first time mom?!  Any other moms want to scream out their jealousy?)   I guess I could have at least showered.  The neat thing about Joe being born was my sister and brother-in-law didn't want family in the delivery room (understandable) but I did get to wait outside her door and hear his cry as soon as he was born.  I'm not going to lie, I burst out into tears.  I told my mom it was so exciting because I got to experience the joy of a newborn all over again without ME having to go through labor and pushing (over 21 hours for me and 3 of it was pushing).

Joe came into this world as perfect as a newborn can be, but maybe I am biased because he's my nephew;)  He is a very chill baby, the complete opposite of my daughter who had colic and then never quit mumbling or getting dramatic about something ever since.  Raven loves Joe and calls him "JoJo".  I'm glad she has a boy cousin close to her age since she also has a girl cousin only 3 months older than her.  My cousin closest in age to me is 4 years younger so I am glad she has 2 she can grow up playing with.

Joe has brought me so much joy this year as I have gotten to spend time with a newborn again and get lots of infant snuggles.  He is a beautiful boy with great parents so I know he will grow up to be a kind soul.  I just hope he always knows how much Aunt Jenn loves him!

No comments:

Post a Comment